COVID19 Policies and Procedures
To Our Valued Guests,
In light of the recent outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, we have been taking action to protect the health and wellbeing of our guests and of our team, who are of the utmost importance to us. Please read on to learn about the actions we have implemented:
- Additional cleaning procedures. Increasing the frequency of cleaning all surfaces at the stores and commissary.
- Please keep your bottles at home. We have temporarily paused accepting bottle returns. All returned bottles at our kitchen are separated and have been out of circulation for weeks.
- Strict stay at home policy. Employees who feel even the slightest under the weather are required to stay home.
- Mandatory glove wearing and changing. While we always wear gloves when preparing food and juice at our kitchen and in the stores, we have heightened our awareness of glove best practices, changing gloves, and added mandatory glove wearing to the line as well.
- Curbside Service. At our Bethesda location, we have a strict curbside service policy. You may order on our app or over the phone and wait outside. We are happy to bring your order to your car. We hand sanitize in between every order and use new blender cups for every order.
- Sibley Hospital. Sibley Hospital currently is not allowing visitors, except under extreme circumstances, and every one who enters is screened. We can still bring an order to your car after ordering on our app or over the phone.
- Home Delivery: We have extended deliveries to our normal delivery zones 6 days a week and added 3 time slots for you to choose from. Our tracking and notification app ensures a contactless delivery process. Please check your text messages for progress and where your box was left for you.
- Hand Sanitizer. As many of you are aware, there is a shortage, but we are staying on top of the supply and our kitchen and store personnel will be applying it liberally and often, in addition to increased hand washing.
- Commissary Procedures. In addition to the cleaning procedures listed above, we have mandatory glove wearing and masks for all kitchen personnel. When we run out of masks or cannot receive new ones, we will be using bandannas that are washed daily.
We continue to take every precaution. Our doors remain open and our shipping capabilities are running as normal. In the event that any of this changes, we will let you know immediately. We are also in close contact with the health departments in each of our locations. We are closely following their suggested protocol, as well as taking our own steps to ensure the safety of our product, staff and guests.
Our stores and kitchen are prepared to respond rapidly to any emerging situation with modified operations, either at our own discretion or as directed by authorities.
We are so grateful to have you as our guests. You are the beating heart of the Puree Juice Bar community and it gives us so much joy to help you on your wellness journey, keep you healthy, and provide the nutritious drink and food you have come to love.
Our thoughts are with all those who have been affected by this illness, all over the world.
Amy Waldman and The Puree Juice Bar Team