How to do a Juice Cleanse
Congratulations on committing to a cleanse! Please review below and remember these are only suggestions... it is best to make the cleanse your own and do what works for you. For example, if you are used to a big breakfast, you may want to start with the nut mylk since it is heavier and will fill you up more. On the other hand, if you are trying to change habits and move your eating to light to heavy, try our suggestions. As always, feel free to call Customer Care at 301-246-0509 if you need anything at all. Happy Cleansing!
Recommendations for implementing 1-3 days prior to a cleanse (do one or as many as you can!)
- eliminate or minimize intake of all animal proteins
- eliminate or minimize all dairy products
- eliminate or minimize all soy products
- eliminate all fried foods
- eliminate processed foods
- cut back on sugar, alcohol and caffeine
- drink 1-3 liters water per day
During Your Cleanse
- upon rising drink 1 glass filtered water with fresh lemon, or make a teat with your ginger shot, lemon and a little honey. Your first juice can be enjoyed 30 minutes after water or tea
- juices and mylks are enjoyed 2 - 2 1/2 hours apart, or as needed
- if your cleanse includes a ginger shot, take 1/3 of this daily in any of your drinks or 1/3 in your water in the morning before your first juice, or throughout the day in warm water as a tea (delicious with honey and lemon!)
- additional shots can be taken straight or added into any of the other juices
- prescribed medications should not be stopped without consulting your doctor
- supplements may be stopped during a 3 day cleanse or more
- water anytime as needed throughout the cleanse, but preferably 30 minutes before or after juice
- herbal tea can be enjoyed throughout the day (no caffeine), preferably 30 minutes before or after a juice
- your Break FAST ideally is a green juice or smoothie, second option is very light breakfast and small amount of caffeine if you're jonesing!
- lunch can be a salad or other raw or lightly steamed veggie dish, or vegetarian soup
- dinner can be cooked vegetables and clean grains such as millet, quinoa, or amaranth
- continue daily exercise
- continue drinking lots of water
Recommended additions to improve your detox process
- dry brush the body am/pm to remove toxins from the skin, 5 minutes 2x per day. Brushes are available online; any very high quality natural body brush is fine
- sweat daily, access a sauna or steam room shower for 20 minutes
- exercise daily, mild to moderate exercise to get your system moving
- yoga and any other spiritual practice which helps to calm and clear the mind will aid in the cleansing process
- soak and relax with any high quality salt bath product you enjoy!
- get plenty of rest.
- move in the fresh air.
- savor each drink… it is so natural, clean, refreshing, delicious and nutritious.
- take your juice with you in a cooler bag so it is always handy and you won’t be tempted or left hungry.
- be in awe of how little your body actually needs to sustain itself and relish in the light, clear feeling.
- don’t worry, your favorite food will be waiting for you! (if you still want it)
- If you are really hungry or uncomfortable you may eat small amounts of the following, if you choose. In preferential order: fresh whole food vegan smoothie (may use Puree juice or nut mylk as base), blended vegan soup, raw vegetable, raw fruit, fresh salad, chia pudding or chia drink, small handful of raw nuts, raw vegan chocolate, raw vegan food item from puree or other source, small handful of roasted nuts, roasted or lightly cooked vegetables
Please take a moment to read our Disclaimer Page, regarding raw juice, proper refrigeration (always keep refrigerated) and occasional substitutions.