How to Keep Your Immunity Strong
Hand sanitizer, hand washing, eating healthy... what else can you do to help create the most protection during cold & flu season? Of course, here at Purée we believe 100% organic, cold-pressed juice is a great place to start. Whether you get your juice from Purée or make it yourself here is a guide for the best nutrients to keep you and your family healthy and running strong. You can also checkout our new Immunity Builders Collection to help you focus on immune building photo nutrients.
POMEGRANATE: Pomegranate is not only one of the most delicious fruits of Fall, it is one of the healthiest foods on the planet, packed with anti-oxidants, anti-aging properties, heart health and more. But now there is even a better reason to drink your Pomegranate! This excerpt, from the National Library of Medicine is so important, it can't be overlooked:
"The robust evidence that fresh pomegranate juice is highly rich with unique bioactive compounds that are approved in various occasions to be effective in several chronic diseased conditions... In summary, there is accepted evidence that pomegranate juice may be beneficial in SARS-CoV-2 infection conditions, especially for patients with the clinical history of chronic diseases such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer."
GREENS. Greens are the powerhouse of detoxification and good for you all around. Especially now, greens help to alkalize your body, creating an environment that is hard for disease or viruses to live in. Greens provide anti-oxidants and green juice is quickly absorbed by the body, reaping benefits more quickly than eating. Try our Green Goddess (all green) or Flora (hint of pineapple and lemon) for the strongest green juice. 2 pounds of greens never went down so easily!
COCONUT. Lauric acid is the magic here. When your body digests lauric acid, it forms a substance called Monolaurin. Both lauric acid and Monolaurin can kill harmful pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Eat coconut, drink coconut, and more importantly, supplement with Monolaurin (more on this below). Our coconut yogurt has lauric acid.
TURMERIC AND GINGER. Both are excellent for antibacterial and anti-inflammatory health. You can juice it, cook with it, buy curcumin supplements, make tea with it... just get it! Our detox shot, Jamu, Pyro Shot, Ginger Lemon-aid and Daily Green are delicious ways to get your turmeric and ginger on.
VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS. While juice is a great place to start to increase your nutrient density and build immunity, don't discount the power of extra supplementation, especially while coming into cold seasonal changes. Here are some suggestions, based on our owner's research. Please remember, these are layperson suggestions, while based on experience and lots of literature, we are not licensed practitioners. Always check with your own health care provider before taking any supplements.
- Vitamin C - We all know it is a great immunity boost and no time like the present to make sure you are getting enough.
- Vitamin D3 - Most of us are deficient, especially going into the cold Winter months. Choose a supplement with K2 and take with a little healthy fat to help your body absorb it.
- Monolaurin - the powerhouse extracted from coconut. Our favorite new supplement is Lauricidin. This medium chain fatty that is embraced by your immune system and digestive tract.
- Andrographis - a powerful herb used for centuries. Studies show Andrographis might work by stimulating the immune system. It might also prevent influenza viruses from binding to cells in the body. (contraindicated for pregnancy!) It works, but we aren't sure how!
- Zinc - essential for immunity and many are deficient
- Elderberry Syrup - excellent for immunity and tastes like dessert! And there are versions for your children too, and they won't even know it's medicine, so keep it safely out of reach.
Please let us know if you need any assistance with choosing juice, food or making a wellness plan. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to everyone.. Wishing you peace, wellness, and safety for you, your family, and loved ones!
Amy Waldman, Founder