Staying Healthy during the Holiday Season
The Holidays are a special time to enjoy friends, family and delicious food prepared with love! It is important to not feel guilty when enjoying a special meal with friends and family so don't beat yourself up if you indulge. Enjoy your holiday favorites and balance it out by juicing 1-3 days a week, or replacing a meal or snack with 1 or 2 juices. Diving in deeper with a 3 day cleanse after Thanksgiving is a great way to reset (and give your digestion a break) after the big day!
In addition to adding juice to help balance out indulging, experts recommend planning ahead, eating mindfully, and prioritizing sleep to help you maintain your habits during the Holidays. You can read more about Holiday maintenance tips here.
- Begin your day with a hot detox elixir. Add a bit of your favorite Purée shot, such as Ginger or Turmeric, a fresh squeeze of lemon, and a tad of Manuka honey to hot water. Stir or even put in a blender to make it frothy. Take a moment to enjoy this hot cleansing drink to start your day.
- Try adding warming spices or essential oils to your juices. Cinnamon and nutmeg are delicious in carrot juice and nut milks. Extra ginger can be added to any juice for a warming effect and extra antibacterial and inflammation fighting powers.
- Reward yourself at the end of the day by heating up your nut mylk, Spiced Pear, Gold Rush, or Jamu (look for the 🔥 symbol for our favorite juices warmed up!). Choco Maca turns into a healthy hot chocolate. Adding cinnamon to Vanilla nut mylk transforms your dairy free protein into a warming, winter treat. (Just be careful to not overheat so the nutrients stay in tact). Curl up on the couch, in front of the fire, or with your friends and family and enjoy the warmth and richness. You've earned this guilt-free nutrition that feels like a treat!
- During the day while you are having your juice, look forward to your warm drink in the evening.
- If you are new to being vegan or often get push-back from family, here are few tips on how to handle 'Diet Talk' this Holiday season.
Feel free to reach out to us if you would like assistance putting together a program that can help get you stay on track through the Holidays. To help make juicing a part of your wellness plan, enjoy 15% off all orders $50 and up now extended through November 30. We recommend the Fall Cleanse or our Immune Booster Cleanse, which is perfect for this time of year!